Photograph Otford High Street

The high Street in 1973, just before the Forge (on the extreme left) was demolished to make way for a modern house. The sundial on the front of the former village workhouse was erected in 1953 to commemorate the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II. It…

See Item

Photograph Otford Lower High Street

Otford Lower High Street looking towards the Millstream 1900-1910. Pickmoss (in its original state) is on the left and "The Horns" public house, then a cottage ale-house and now converted into two cottages, is on the right.

See Item

Photograph North Side of the High Street

The north side of Otford High Street, then known as The Street, pre 1880.
This view was taken from the front of the School House and shows the stream which flowed down the road until the early days of the 20th century. Stan's hairdressing saloon,…

See Item

Photograph View from the Church Tower Otford

View looking East from the top of the Church Tower.
The garden and orchard of Colets Well with Otford Station and Warren Farm beyond. In the background ae the Coombe and Otford Mount. On the right, Station Oast stands in from of the Chalk Pit with…

See Item

Photograph of Otford Village Green

The Village Green looking towards St Bartholomew's Church. The Parish Room, formerly the National School, was on the Green near the spot where the War Memorial stands today. It was demolished when the present Church Hall was built. Date is 1887-1911

See Item

Photograph of Otford Bridge

Otford Bridge is Broken Down! The bridge, on the site of the original ford, was swept away be a flood in September 1968. Communications were quickly restored by the Royal Engineers who erected a Bailey Bridge.

See Item