After the Second World War, the Gatehouse reverted to its former use as farm storage. Then, in November 1958 the Scouts used it as their meeting place. The interior walls were painted white. In the mid-1960s the Scouts were able to move back to the Chalk Pit where a new, brick building had replaced the former wooden clubhouse that had been destroyed by fire. The Guides took over the building and some (unspecified) works were carried out . These included some partitioning and the installation of a kitchen. Work was carried out on the roof timbers in the tower at the Southern end of the Gatehouse, post 1980. It was used by the Guides until 2016.
Details of this period are very sketchy and the Trustees would welcome any information from people who remember these times.